Shooting Exercise 2

Shooting Exercise 2

Link To Video
https://vimeo.com/373610468

For this exercise, I felt like I had to improve and go more and beyond with my work for this exercise, this was because I was not impressed with what I did for the last exercise and felt like I had to step up my game and do something more creative. To start with, I was not ill this week, unlike the last time when I did the last exercise, so that helped a lot.

I also decide to go somewhere I was familiar with and a place I know I could get great footage with. So I decided to go to Clifton Park in Rotherham Town Centre. This is because it had a variety of different things that would be interesting to film for example the memorial for the soldiers since it was just after Remembrance day.  Also the fountain would be good to film because of the sound effects with the aim of the task doing wide shots and then doing a close up of a object or place, this was great because it had the effect of slightly hearing the water from the fountain from far away, to it cutting to it close up with the sound now being the loudest sound it the shot.

Luckily, I was traveling home this weekend so I decided to record the footage and sound effects on my way back home and edit the footage over the weekend at home. However, because of how much stuff I had to bring home it was difficult to be able to use a professional camera, fortunately, my camera on my phone was really good quality that at times I couldn't tell that it was an iPhone.

However, I know I should have used a professional camera but I had too much stuff to take back home. Another reason why I should have used a professional camera because while editing my footage would glitch, cutting to different parts of the clip back and fourth and sometimes changing every frame causing me to have to restart the editing software trying to fix it. Sadly, I think it had something to do with the video format not being properly supported in the software, but I was able to export a video by dealing as much as I can with this problem. so by using a professional camera I would have been able to avoid this problem, so that's what I will try and do next time.

Overall, I'm happy with how this exercise went with being a real improvement to the work I did for the last exercise, apart from the editing and media format problems I was happy with the final look of the footage matching my expectations.   




Comments